Within the physical body, the pelvic floor not only helps to stabilize the higher structures of ribs, shoulders, and head, but on a subtle level supports a felt sense of ease in being present and relating well to life.
It is a physical manifestation of the Feminine, or lunar, Principle in Yoga: fluid, undulatory, responsive, and subtle. Unfortunately, pelvic floor dysfunction is increasingly common, and many physical practices – including asana – can exacerbate existing injury or imbalance.
In this workshop, students will learn the anatomical significance of the pelvic floor as it relates to overall physical balance, as well as the energetic nuances of “stability” and “mobility” as they relate to desire, confidence, empathy, and self-expression. Come discover the power of hath yoga (asana, pranayama, and mantra) as a way to become not only pain-free, but more receptive, expressive and self-assured.
This workshop is for you if
– you are a yoga practitioner
– you are a yoga teacher
– you have ever given birth
– you experience pelvic pain, incontinence or prolapse
– you feel disconnected from your pelvis
– you experience frequent hip, pelvic or low back pain
– you have experienced sexual trauma
– you desire more intimacy
– you would like to create healthier boundaries in your life
February 9 + 10 from 2-5pm
Investment: $108; $88 Early bird (by Feb. 1)register